What do Oprah, Walt Disney, and Michael Jordan have in common? They succeeded, yes. And they were refused quite a few times too!
- Oprah was fired from her journalism job when she was 22 years old because she was “unfit for television news.”
- Walt Disney was fired from his animation job at a newspaper because he “lacked imagination and had no good ideas.”
- Michael Jordan didn’t make it onto his high school varsity basketball team.
What unites them most though is that they all know why they do what they do.
As children of God, all the gifts given to us belong to God and are for others, and as soon as we live in this truth, closed doors no longer become fatalities.
The Bible tells us, “‘Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.’” (Luke 12:34, NLT)
You heart will be attached to what you invest in.
- Don’t let your possibilities die with you.
- Many riches dwell within you…invest in them!
- Dare to train and educate yourself.
- Dare to try, and dare to make mistakes doing so.
- Dare to believe that the process, even if it’s slow and never linear, is led by God and is worth as much as the final result.
Today, bring your impossibilities and failures to God, and in their place receive and make room for His unlimited power.