Today, we’re continuing our series on heaven!
As we saw yesterday, Adam and Eve experienced total joy in the Garden of Eden, where they walked every day. They experienced perfect communion with God and enjoyed being with Him in the evenings. (see the Bible, Genesis 3:8).
I like to think that they told Him all about their day, as good friends do…When their relationship was broken, God did everything possible to reconcile with them – and all men. He went so far as to sacrifice His only Son so that:
- We could once again stand before Him
- We’d experience a sincere and deep love relationship with Him
- We’d walk beside Him, joyful and confident.
- Your walk is long and difficult
- You’re going forward without enthusiasm or courage
- You’re tired and oppressed
- You’re doing your daily tasks, but your heart isn’t in it
- Your prayers are automatic, lack conviction, because you’ve lost faith.
I’d like to encourage you…God empowers you to walk with Him, enjoying every hour, every day, because He is present – through His Spirit, here on Earth. And you will, one beautiful day, walk with Him in person in heaven! The Bible confirms this in Deuteronomy 20:4: “For the Lord your God is going with you!”
God invites you to enter into His rest and perfect joy. He reminds you that you have the privilege of living in His presence all the days of your life.
I encourage you to follow Jesus closely! Draw nearer to Him, become His friend like Adam and Eve, like Moses, whom He spoke with as friends. Enjoy His joyful and comforting company. You will follow Christ better by walking close to Him, all throughout your journey.
Have a fantastic day with Jesus by your side!