“…I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one.” (the Bible, 1 John 2:14, NKJV)
Your body needs exercise. Physical exercise is very useful.
But your faith needs exercise as well! Exercising faith is also very useful.
So how do you exercise and strengthen your faith? The following list isn’t all-inclusive, but here are several ideas that may help you…
- Reading and declaring the Word of God out loud.
- Being aware of your identity. You’re a child of God.
- Affirming your trust in God.
- Singing praises to the Lord.
- Being in fellowship with other brothers and sisters.
- Listening to a good Bible teaching or sermon.
- Praying throughout the day.
- Meditating on the Word of God.
- Inviting the Holy Spirit to speak to you and guide you.
- Sharing your faith with others.
- Proclaiming His mercy in your life!
The more you affirm your trust in God, the readier you are to face a tough day, a new battle, or a trial.
When the giant Goliath appears and threatens you, like David did, you can conquer him in the name of the God of the armies of Israel! The Bible tells us that David had trained, grown in strength, fighting bears and lions (see 1 Samuel 17:34)…and the day the giant came, David was victorious over him.
My friend, what might happen if you began to strengthen your faith even more?
Have a wonderful day!