Who is the Spirit? ?️
The Holy Spirit is the most misunderstood person of the Trinity. Some think He’s a power or a feeling. Others have heard Him called the Holy Ghost, and they’re not sure what to make of that.
Do you know who the Holy Spirit is? Do you treat Him like a friend or a mystical power?
People often ask me, “Paul Marc, how do I live in the Spirit?” It’s very hard to live in the Spirit when you don’t understand Him. Yes, I called the Holy Spirit “Him.”
Let’s spend a few minutes looking at truths about the Holy Spirit:
- The Bible says the Holy Spirit has feelings: “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30, NKJV)
- The Bible calls the Spirit “He” and not “It”: “The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First He says:” (Hebrews 10:15, NIV).
- We find Him at the beginning of creation: “The earth was without form, and void;… And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” (Genesis 1:2, NKJV)
- He can be resisted: “You stiff-necked people!…You always resist the Holy Spirit!” (Acts 7:51, NIV)
- He’s described as a counselor: “for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.” (Luke 12:12, NIV)
Since these truths are undeniable, we should take a serious look at building a relationship with Him as we do with any other person, remembering, of course, that He’s God the Spirit.
I’m praying you’ll discover the person of the Spirit. Invite Him into your home, business and car. Watch what happens when He comes in. Watch what happens to you when you start living with the Spirit.
You’re a miracle.